Thursday 10 September 2009

another hospital visit

The nurses thought she was better than yesterday - maybe she was a touch more alert - but she was still very obviosuly poorly. Her IV had come out (did she pull it out despite the huge bandage on her hand) but I know it will be going back in. The consultant surgeon came round while I was there. One sure sign the Edna was poorly was that she didn't protest at him not talking to her. They are still focussing on her nutririon and suggested I bring in some favourite foods. I exoplained that I had been trying to get her to eat more for over a year. She doesn't WANT to eat or drink. I couldn't get her to drink anything other than a mouthful of Fortisip during the 2 hours i was there. And as for eating - there was no chance.

I get the feeling the orhopods know they are fighting a losing battle - but dont want to die on THEIR ward.

I think todays word is frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment