Friday 11 September 2009

She is better!!

Edna was much improved when I saw her today. She was MUCH more alert and responsive. She was in bed when I arived (previous 2 days she has been sat out) but she reacted to me appropriately when I roused her from her doze. She has also been drinking. She drank almost a whole glass of milk while I was there. She had also had some build up soup and a spoonful or two of forticreme mousse. She couldn't eat any more because she was so full.

She thankfully has stopped talking to invisible people and making all the weird hand movements. She is back to telling me things I know are not accurate - like the nurses making their own uniforms. So she is back to making up things to fit her world view for whatever mysterious purpose. it is amazing how many people are married to dentists in her world. It is a recurring theme - like people traveling long distances to work or working on a voluntary basis. I think i have figured out the dentist connection tho. David was training as dental technician.

She has an Hb of 7.5 so they are giving her transfusions. I bet I will find iron tablets now added to her medication.

She wont go to West Heath until they are sure her chest is clear . the antibiotics are due for review on the 14th so she wont move until the 14th at the earliest.

She is complaining of a sore bottom and kept trying to take weight off her bottom by taking her weight on her hands. She is on an air mattress to reduce the risk of pressure sores - but she isn't mobilising so they can't work miracles. I am sure they will be aware of the problem.

I should feel happy that she is better - but I dont. I still feel this is only going to end one way - and that Edna is going to go though some horrible times between now and then - whenever 'then' is.

No comments:

Post a Comment