Sunday 20 September 2009

A visit full of fantasy

Today's visit was very trying. The good news is she ate and enjoyed BOTH the cream slices. It was the first thing Sonia said when she saw me come down the ward. And Edna remembered she had eaten and enjoyed the cakes. Huzzah!

The rest of the visit was fairly naff. Almost everything she said was a fantasy from planet Edna. Other patients wnt out to the hairdrssers. A grocery shop is opening at the hospital (and Edna will use it) The hospital is something to do with nomads. She got woken last night by cows. The patient in the next bed knitted the bed socks Edna has (they actually came from Selly Oak)

These fantasies are harmless in themselves becasue she can't act on them. But I find it so distressing to know her brain is so scrambled she thinks these things. I know she is frightened by the fact that her memory plays huge tricks on her. I know that fear is probably at the root of all her nastiness to me .

Mrs Hyde never appeared thank goodness.

She did say one thing that caught my attention. I forget the exact wording but it was obvious she thinks she may not leave West Heath alive.

I left feeling pretty awful - with a suprsized chocolate craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment