Thursday 17 September 2009

Groundhog day

Thats what it felt like when I went over to Moseley to collect Edna's clothes and take them into Ward 11 for her. When I got there she seemed OK but I realised she was quite confused. She told me her bed had been bloodstained when she woke up this morning (it hadn't) I got accused of being mean when I said I wouldn't take sandwiches in for her because 'everyone else has them' (they don't) . Also we had an argument about money. Edna wanted me to give her some money. She wanted 10.00 but Pat (the sister) said that was too much and 5.00 would be plenty. She wasn't happy about that but she does now have some money.

I had a chat with Pat before I left and to my relief I discovered she is DNR. It will be some time before she is up and weight bearing so she is going to be in hospital for several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment