Wednesday 12 August 2009

Going downhill?

Edba looked porrly today. She was asleep when I got there and when she woke up it was obvious her left eye was VERY red and looked infected. I was a bit annoyed because I had mentioned yesterday that her eye looked red and the doctor was supposed to look at it - and didn't. Luckliy Laura was on and she could see why I was a bit annoyed. Edna's arm now has another dressing on and it seems the problem is the ssme sort of of blister she gets on her legs. That cannot be good news.

She also complained about feeling tired all the time. She has also lost more weight while she has been in. She has lost 1kg. She wanted to know, and then got upset when i told her because she says she has been eating well - and that everyone tells her she has been eating well.

One of the sisters chatted to me about getting Edna to use a nebuliser. I think i have scotched that one - and once they knew what inhalers she nmormally takes, they decide to write her up for those and see how she gets on. So that was one positive thing from todays visit.

The tiredness is so reminiscent of what happened to Mum just before she died.

No comments:

Post a Comment