Sunday 16 August 2009

Nebuilser.......

It is definite they want to send Edna home on a nebuliser. I am trying to stay positive but have many concerns about this. Edna jst gets upset and says of course she can cope - but admits she doesn't remember the problems she had last time.

On the plus side last time she was trying to nebulise 2 drugs, and had undiagnosed untreated dementia. This time they only want her to have one drug - and of course she is now on treatment for her dementia.

The carers can prompt treatment - but not administer it. But what are they going to do if they prompt it and Edna then can't or wont set the nebuliser up and do it?

I need to talk to the OT and see how they think Edna will cope. But I must be careful not to sabotage anything. Edna has already muttered about me removing all her confidence to cope. She threatened to discharge herself at one point.

But is her confidence real or founded on false dementia memories?

I just have to wait and see. I have been thinking a lot about faith lately. I need to have faith in Edna and in the staff teaching her. if she is meant to go home on a nebuliser it will be alright. if she isn't then it wont happen .

No comments:

Post a Comment