Monday 24 August 2009

Home again

That coould refer to either Edna OR me as Ic ame back from my lovely weekend away today. I got home about 11.30. 3 hours later I was with Edna helping her to settle in - and the contrast between the holiday and helping Edna was incredibly painful and I found it very upsetting. It doesnt help that I am tired from the 125 mile drive, but I could sit and cry. I have no doubt a nights sleep in my own bed will do a lot of restore my equilibrium. But I am very unsure if I will make it to work tomorrow. Not only am I physically tired, but there are a lot of things I need to re-assure myself about her care package. I am nervous about whether it will all click into place the way it should.

They have added to her medication. As well as all the tablets she was on they have added Oxybutinin, Adcal , and weekly Alendronic Acid. I had no idea about the last two - and the weekly tablet has so much potential to go wrong. And then of course there is the nebuliser..................

I am not optimistic about her coping with all this. The only good thing is they have cut her Furosemide down from 60m a day to 40mg a day.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be reporting how everything has gone really well with the care package.

No comments:

Post a Comment