Saturday 15 August 2009

Small infection - big effect

Edna was much better today. Among the ramblings she said that her eye was still being treated. I suspect her eye infection was just making her feel lousy.

I THINK she is back on the nebuliser - but I am not sure. One of the incidents she told me about was a nurse who had tried to take her inhalers off her. And she had her blue inhaler in a pcoket on her blouse - as if to make sure she didn't lose it. Something has happened with her treatment but without asking to see her drug chart I dont know what.

The leg brace is off - but she has to go back on August 28th. Will she be home by then??? Time will tell

She started talking today about how she had done some laundry and washed her knickers. I am 95% certain that isn't true - but I wouldnt put it past her to try to wash her knickers to save me work.

When she was telling me the inhaler incident she siad she had told the offending nurse that she needed to listen to hat patients are saying.

I tried my hardest to listen today and her whatever she wanted me to hear - but I am not sure I succeeded.

I meditated before I went in to see her to make sure I was in the best frame of mind

No comments:

Post a Comment