Saturday 8 August 2009

Hospital visit

I went to see Edna today. She was asleep when I got there and it was quite difficult to wake her up. She was on her bed again - this has been a trend for the last few days. She has only been sitting out once in the past week I think. Of course I dont know what happens when I dont see her.

She was very rattly and chesty. She says she is coughing up green phlegm. But I am not sure whether to beleive her or not. I didnt get the chance to ask the nurses. I am sure they have noticed her chest.

One of the first things she said was that she had been looking at holidays and trying to decide where to go. She didnt want anywhere too quiet. She wanted somewhere with a theater because she likes the theatre. I didnt ask where she had been looking for holidays. She was also convinced she had been moved several times and said the nurse would know. So I di ask the nurse - who clearly said she didnt know about it. But it was obvious to Edna that Malou agreed with me that she hadn't been moved. She got a little upset but then said Malou had been away for days.

She said several times she just didnt care about things. I worry this is because she feels she has no control over her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment