Monday 31 August 2009

Keeping the balance right

I keep 3 blogs. One is all about my efforts to lose weight and my general health. I started this blog so 'Changing life and times' didnt get overwhelmed with Edna issues . I also started a third blog when I began trying to develop any psychic ability I may have to help me cope better with Edna and her problems. As a direct result of that attempt I started training as a reiki therapist on Saturday and things did not go well yersterday with my first attempt at self healing - which is the initial step before you can consider treating others.

Although I keep 3 separate blogs , sometimes they all cross over and today is one of those days. So I have cut and pasted the beggining of wieght loss blog into my other blogs .

'I got frustrated and annoyed with myself yesterday when my reiki meditation didnt go well. With some help I worked out that a bit of me was angry that I was giving myself something else to do. Do I really have time to learn about reiki when I have to work, do things for Edna , want to spend quality time with those I love....................

The answer is reiki is all about good health and balance. It is SO much more than just the mystical laying on of hands to treat an illness. It is also all about the health of the practitioner. In a way I have been trying to carry out the 5 principals of Reiki for 3 years without realising it.

This blog has been about my health - both physical and mental - during challenging times. Times are still challenging. I have to go and see Edna today and already I can feel my stomach tying itself up in knots as I wonder what I will find when I get there.

I need to be healthy to cope with everything.'

Edna unwittingly makes huge demands on my physical mental and spiritual strength. Reiki helps me support all three. It may possibly also help me help Edna more directly but that is highly unlikely. I really dont see myself uisng reiki on Edna . But the knowledge that I could if I was asked removes a lot of the feeling of helplessness that I have about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment